If you don’t have a valid passport, visa or entry permit, you may be refused travel, either by us or by the airline. Please be aware that if this happens, we are unable to assist you in any way. Be sure to double-check that you’ve remembered these documents.

Passport and visa requirements for British Citizens

All citizens of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland require a ten year passport (valid for 6 months after completion of any journey). Infants and children must also have their own passport with photograph. If you are 16 or over and haven’t yet got a passport, our recommendation is that you should apply for one at least 6 weeks before your holiday. The UK Passport Service has to confirm your identity before issuing your first passport and from October 2006 will ask you to attend an interview in order to do this. Visas may be required, depending on your destination - it is your responsibility to check the latest requirements with the appropriate authority before travelling. Nationals of other countries should check entry requirements with the relevant Embassy or High Commission.

Non-British Citizen Visa Requirements

If you are non-British citizen, please consult the embassy of your destination country and the Home Office Immigration Department. You may require special documentation, either for your destination country or for your return to the UK. Non-British citizens include citizens of British Dependent Territories, those who hold their citizenship by virtue of connection with Gibraltar, British subjects who have a right to live in the United Kingdom, and EC and other nationals.

Children & Passports

From 05 October 1998, children under 16 have been required to travel on their own passport. If your child is already included on your passport, he or she is not affected by this change and can continue to travel on your passport until it expires or until they reach the age of 16. However, please be aware that some countries, such as Bulgaria, may refuse entry to any children without their own child passports. If a new document is required during the validity of your existing passport, any child who is included on it will need to apply for a separate passport. Passport application can be a lengthy process, so we recommend that you plan ahead and keep your holiday dates in mind.

Australian Visas

All travellers to Australia, other than Australian and New Zealand citizens, require a visa or approval to travel and enter Australia. The Australian Government has simplified the procedure for getting that approval by developing the Electronic Travel Authority System (ETAS). Application forms are not required for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) and, being electronic, there is no physical evidence of an ETA. An ETA can only be verified electronically. Note Working Holiday Visas or Work Permits cannot be issued in this manner.

Other Documentation

A letter of Parental Consent is required by US immigration if you are taking a child who is not a member of your family into America.

Lost or Stolen Passports

In the UK: Report your lost or stolen passport immediately to the police and the UK Passport Service (UKPS). Abroad: Report your lost or stolen passport immediately to the local police, the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Consulate, Embassy or High Commission. You can find the details of your local FCO by calling 0870 606 0290 prior to departure, or by visiting

USA and ESTA Visas

Requirements to travel visa-free to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program have been changed. Nationals of Visa Waiver Program countries will still be eligible to travel without a visa but will have to obtain an approved travel authorisation prior to their travel to the United States. Visitors who do not receive travel authorisation prior to their departure may be denied boarding, experience delays or be denied admission into the United States. Applications may be submitted at anytime prior to travel, but no less than 72 hours prior to departure. You can apply for visa waiver through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). Please visit to complete or track your ESTA application

Supplying passport details for flights to the USA

The US Transport Security Administration (TSA) requires that airlines provide certain passenger data, by electronic means, to TSA by 72 hours prior to departure. This is known as US Secure Flight. The information required is Full name (as in passport), Gender, Date of Birth and Redress* number (if held). We will provide all this information to the airline. * A redress number is a unique number for a regular traveller who has applied for redress under the US TRIP programme. This would apply where the traveller is regularly selected for additional screening when matched against the US watch list.